RELiON RB100-LT, Low Temperature Lithium-ion battery, 12V deep cycle, 100Ah/20h, 4000+ cycles, 5 years warranty
RELiON is without a doubt the premium brand to turn to when quality and reliability are at the top of the list for lithium-ion batteries. Also see our Finding Happiness with Lithium-Ion article, explaining the care and feeding of these batteries.
With many times the life-span at a fraction of the weight & size of regular lead-acid, lithium-ion batteries are the future of off-grid power. They can be cycled deeper, more often, charged faster, and all with zero maintenance. Lithium-ion is also a great solution when weight and space matter, such as for RV applications.
RELiON lithium-ion batteries are true deep-cycle batteries, and they have a build-in battery management system (BMS). The BMS allows them to be charged with regular solar PV charge controllers, with the same settings as for any other sealed battery (such as AGM batteries). The BMS also takes care of protecting the batteries from over- and under-charge, low Voltage disconnect, and automatic balancing of the cells.
The RB100-LT is the Low Temperature version of RELiON’s 12V 100Ah batttery. It has a build-in heater and will use charge current to heat the cells so they are above 0C, then charge the battery. That means it can be charged even when ambient temperature is well below 0C!
Unlike the regular RELiON batteries, the -LT batteries cannot be stacked in series. However, stacking in parallel is fine (positive-to-positive, negative-to-negative, so it remains a 12V battery bank). Up to 4 batteries in parallel is fine, if you need more contact us. Generally that can be done too but will need some overcurrent protection.
Charge settings for RELiON batteries:
- Bulk/absorb = 14.2 – 14.6 Volt, with 14.4 Volt ideal
- Absorb time = about two hours, or until the current drops to 0.05C or less.
- Float = not needed, set to 13.6 Volt or less
- No equalize, or set to 14.4 – 14.6 Volt if it can’t be disabled
- No temperature compensation, disable or set to 0
- Charge rate of 0.5C or less is preferred for longevity, though up to 100A is possible
The maximum charge and discharge current is listed on the spec sheet for each battery size (for all the 100 Ah batteries and up this is 100 Amp, the smaller batteries have other values, see the spec sheet).
RELiON batteries us LiFePO4 chemistry (Lithium-Iron-Phosphate). This is very stable and is not sensitive to spontaneous combustion, in comparison to laptop and cell-phone lithium-ion batteries (which use Lithium-Cobalt-Phospate chemistry). The cells have build-in protection for over-pressure, over-temperature, contain a fire-retardant in the electrolyte, and have a stainless steel jacket. These are very safe batteries!
Because lithium-ion batteries can be discharged deeper, and this can be done for more cycles, a smaller battery bank can suffice vs. lead-acid.
- Zero maintenance!
- Low Temperature version – will charge even when below 0 Centigrade
- Long lifespan, true deep-cycle: 4000 cycles at 80% DOD, 6000 cycles at 50% DOD
- Wide -20 … +70C operating temperature range
- 12 Volt, 100 Amp hour @ 20 hr discharge rate
- Compatible with standard charge controllers
- Active cell management through included battery management system (BMS)
- Can be mounted in any orientation, zero off-gassing, no dangerous acid
- Light weight & small footprint!
- Very low self-discharge rate
- No memory effect
- 5 year warranty
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.