Phocos PSW-H-3000W-120/24V, 3000 Watt pure-sinewave Any-Grid inverter, 24 VDC in, 120 VAC out, incl. 80A AC charger & 80A MPPT charge controller
The Phocos Any-Grid PSW-H inverter-charger series are pure-sinewave hybrid inverters that span the gap between battery-less grid-tie inverters and off-grid inverters. The Phocos Any-Grid inverter can be set up to convert solar PV into grid AC, and feed into the grid, batteries can be added so the inverter continues to work when the grid goes down and runs in off-grid mode, or the Any-Grid inverter can be set up to provide AC with just solar panels (no grid and no batteries). The Any-Grid inverter can also be set up as a stand-by system that provides power to loads from the grid or solar PV (priority is your choice), without exporting to the grid, and it can provide back-up power when the grid goes down. This inverter is very versatile!
The unit has a build-in transfer switch that allows for switching from grid-tie to off-grid mode in less than 10ms, making the ideal Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). This is fast enough to prevent computers from noticing or resetting.
Since solar can be prioritized, and batteries can be added, the Any-Grid inverter can be used to do load-displacement (charge during low-cost hours from the grid, then use that during peak-cost hours) and load-shaving (use primarily solar PV as a source of power, to offset grid AC use).
Build into the inverter is an MPPT charger that allows for high-Voltage strings of solar panels (up to 250 Volt DC). It can charge batteries from solar PV or export the power to grid AC. As mentioned it can also provide a local (offline) AC grid, even without batteries, providing power to loads as long as there is sufficient sunlight.
Up to 9 inverters can be connected in parallel, to provide a single-phase AC system, 240V split-phase AC, or 3-phase 208V AC system. Connecting inverters in parallel is as simply as connecting them together!
Please note that this inverter is not UL- or CSA-listed.
- Supremely flexible!
- 24 Volt battery bank (optional)
- 3000 Watt inverter output, 6kW for 5 seconds
- Detachable and intuitive LCD touch-screen
- Up to 9 inverters can be connected in parallel
- Up to 250 Volt DC solar PV strings
- Integrated 80 Amp AC charge controller
- Integrated 80 Amp MPPT solar charge controller
- Works with lithium-ion, AGM, GEL, and flooded batteries
- Integrated relay for automatic-generator-start (AGS) functionality
- Galvanic isolation of battery allows positive or negative grounding
- Parallel inverters can be used for 240V split-phase or 208V 3-phase
Phocos Firmware & Settings
All Phocos 3kW AnyGrid inverters before November 2022 have a firmware bug that prevents the charge Voltage to exceed 28.6 Volt, both when charging from solar PV, or from the grid/generator. Firmware version 31.05 (for the Main Unit) resolves this. Inverters with an older firmware can be updated, you can download the firmware for both the Main Unit and Display (both need to be upgraded as a pair), and update instructions are available as well.
To help make setup of these inverters a little easier, we have published a list of suggested settings for off-grid use of this inverter.
You can switch off the inverter (the on/off button on the front of the unit) when 120 Volt AC is not needed. This saves 25-40 Watt, which will help to keep the batteries charged. Switching off the AC-side of the inverter does not affect charging, both solar PV and a generator will still charge the batteries.
- Phocos PSW-H-3KW-120/24V Any-Grid manufacturer Web page
- Phocos PSW-H-3KW-120/24V Any-Grid spec sheet (pdf)
- Phocos PSW-H-3KW-120/24V Any-Grid manual (pdf)
- Phocos PSW-H-3KW-120/24V suggested settings for off-grid use (pdf)
- Phocos PSW-H-3kW firmware update (v31.05) (zip)
- Phocos Any-Grid firmware update instructions (pdf)
|No. of MPPT|
|MPPT Voltage range|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.