The EPSolar – EPEver XTRA4215N is a 40 Amp MPPT charge controller with a build-in LCD display that can be used to change or set the charge parameters and show real-time production information. The controller can be used with 12 & 24 Volt battery banks. The solar DC input Voltage can be anywhere between the battery Voltage + 2 Volt, up to 150 Volt maximum open Voltage. The charge controller takes care of converting the Voltage down to the battery charge Voltage, and at the same time the current is converted up proportionally, up to 40 Amp maximum. It is entirely possible to oversize the solar PV input Wattage, the EP Solar charge controller will simply clip the output at 40 Amp if there is enough sunlight to produce that much (or more). The XTRA series charge controllers provide excellent value-for-money!
An USB-to-RS-485 cable can be used to connect the charge controller to a computer. EP Solar has software available to monitor and change settings of the charge controller via a computer.
An optional external battery temperature sensor, EP Solar RTS300R47K3.81A, is available as well.
If a remote display/controller is needed the MT50 can be used.
A load controller is built into the XTRA4215N, to provide a variety of on/off selections for lights (i.e. ‘on’ at dusk for XX hours, then ‘off’, and ‘on’ again YY hours before dawn, until dawn).
EP Solar sells their charge controllers under the “EPEver” brand name. That is the name you will see on the box, the charge controllers are all made by EP Solar.
- Self-consumption less than 0.6 Watt
- Compatible with lead-acid and lithium-ion batteries
- Support 4 charging options: Sealed, Gel, Flooded and User
- Maximum conversion efficiency of 98% and full load efficiency of 97.4%
- Build-in display for showing working conditions and to change settings
- Wide MPP operating voltage range of battery Voltage + 2 Volt up to 150 Volt DC
- PC monitoring software available for real-time data checking and parameters setting
- RS-485, RS-232 communication bus interface and Modbus communication protocol
- 12 & 24 VDC automatically identifying system voltage or user-defined working voltage
- Advanced Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology, with at least 99.5% efficient
- Multiple load control modes: manual control, light ON/OFF, light on+timer and time control