The Birdhouse is an emergency disconnect switch that safely shuts off power to the connected devices. It works together with specific MidNite combiner boxes to provide rapid-shutdown functionality.
Please Note: The MNBirdhouse works with the PSB-type MidNite combiner boxes (MNPV8HV-DISCO 3R-PSB etc.). MidNite has discontinued both the MNBirdhouse and the PSB combiners, so we will only sell our leftover stock in combination with a combiner box.
- Located at ground level, the Birdhouse provides a safe means to disconnect high voltage PV arrays from MidNite disconnecting and Arc fault combiners.
- Hard wired connection gives positive feedback that the disconnect on the roof has actually been thrown. Connection is via 600/1000v Cat 5 USE-2 cable
- Up to four separate means of power including battery backup insures that the disconnect will be tripped when the button is pushed
- Voice confirms level of safety (day or night) to the person pushing the button
- Type 3R UV resistant enclosure
- Able to disconnect multiple PV Disco Arcfault Combiners
- 600V Cat 5 USE-2 cable (MNCAT5-600)
- Meets NEC 2011 and 2014 NEC 690.12
- Warranty – 5 yrs.