Rolls-Surrette S2 L16-SC (formerly S-1860)), 2V deep-cycle flooded lead-acid, 1503Ah/20h capacity, group L16, 3 years warranty (minimum order qty.)
Rolls-Surrette S2 L16-SC (was S-1860)
Rolls Surrette has built a solid reputation over the years as one of the best, if not THE best, sources of deep-cycle batteries for renewable energy systems. Their batteries feature a high cycle life with thick positive battery plates and a large liquid reserve. Surrette batteries are known for their unsurpassed reliability.
The 4000-series batteries are designed specifically for renewable energy applications and come with a solid 3 year full replacement warranty. With good battery care many get 10 to 12 years of service out of these batteries. Our battery care instructions can help get the most out of your batteries.
Adding batteries in series increases the Voltage, while keeping the Amp-hour size the same. Adding batteries in parallel keeps the Voltage the same, while increasing the Amp-hour size of the battery bank. For example, two S6 L16-HC batteries in series makes for a 12 Volt / 445 Ah battery bank. Adding another string of two S6 L16-HC batteries in parallel to these will increase the bank size to 12 Volt / 890 Ah.
Recommended Charge Settings (at 25C)
|Charge State||12 Volt||24 Volt||48 Volt|
|Bulk||15.0 Volt||30.0 Volt||60.0 Volt|
|Absorb||15.0 Volt||30.0 Volt||60.0 Volt|
|Float||13.5 Volt||27.0 Volt||54.0 Volt|
|Equalize||15.8 Volt||31.6 Volt||63.2 Volt|
|Temperature Compensation: -5 mV/°C/cell|
Equalize time: 2.5 hours, add distilled water as-needed halfway through
Absorb time: 0.42 x C / I, where C is the 20-hour battery bank capacity and I is the real-world charge current
For example, a 12 Volt bank of two S6 L16-HC batteries, 445Ah battery bank, with 1000 Watt in solar PV would have a realistic charge current of around 65 Amp in full sun. That makes for an absorb time of 0.42 x 445 / 65 = 2.88 hours = 2 hours 50 minutes
Maximum charge current: 15% of 20-hour battery bank capacity (ie. 0.15 x 445 = 66A for an S6 L16-HC battery for example), never more than 20%
Low-Voltage cut-off: 11.1 / 22.2 / 44.3 Volt (corresponds to about 80% Depth-Of-Discharge)
- 2 Volt deep-cycle flooded lead-acid
- 1503 Ah at 20 hours, 1728 Ah at 100 hours discharge rate
- BCI group L-16 size, with thick lead alloy flag terminals for 5/16″ bolts
- Reliable and dependable, designed for off-grid systems
- Rolls 4000-series battery, Made in Canada!
- Rope handles for easy carrying
- Three (3) years warranty
- Our manufacturer info page
- Rolls / Surrette Web site
- Rolls / Surrette battery brochure (pdf)
- Rolls / Surrette S2 L16-SC spec sheet (pdf)
- Rolls / Surrette battery care manual (pdf)
- Depth-of-Discharge vs. Voltage for Surrette batteries (pdf)
- Rolls / Surrette warranty document (pdf)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.