Kinetic Solar Rapid One Rail, KRAPID1-XX-M (each), from 10’8″ to 21′, holds between 3 to 6 solar panels depending on length (in portrait).
Kinetic Rapid One Rail KRAPID1
$44.48 – $87.57
- Our Kinetic Solar manufacturer info page (includes manuals)
- Kinetic Solar product Web page
- Kinetic Solar racking installation Guide (pdf)
Some useful short-notes regarding Kinetic racking installation:
- Rails go under the PV modules, NOT on the edges.
- Rails are ideally about 1/4 of the module width in from the edges, but anything from (nearly) at the edge to 1/3 in from the edge works fine.
- Torque setting for all bolts on rails is 12 ft-lbs (144 inch-lbs).
- Maximum cantilever for the rail (between the last L-foot and the end of the panels) is 16”.
- Maximum spacing between L-feet is 4 feet.
- Because the WEEB clips between panels and rails bond all the metal parts together, only a single ground lug for every row of panels (on one of the two rails) is needed. From the ground lug run 6 AWG copper wire to the other lugs, and onward to the equipment ground.
- Each rail splice uses a single splice bar (they come in packages of two because you almost always need an even number of splice bars).
- Strictly speaking code does not require this, but we have seen inspectors ask for a WEEB clip between each Ground Lug Mount and the rail. It’s easier to just install them than to wait for the inspector to complain.
- End-clamps take up 1”, mid-clamps are ½” each.
- Hanger bolts are 5/16”, predrill with 7/32” for the length of the thread.
- Hanger bolts need sufficient wood to fasten into, that means they should go at the intersection of truss/rafter and the strapping of a corrugated metal roof.
- Put small amount of caulking (Proflex) under the EPDM grommet of hanger bolts before tightening down.
- Kinetic flashing uses two 5/16” stainless lag screws, predrill with 7/32” to avoid splitting truss.
- Put some caulking (Proflex) under foot of flashing before installing it.