The PT-100 is a Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) charge controller designed to harvest the maximum available energy from the PV array and deliver it to the batteries. The PT-100’s MPPT algorithm finds the maximum power point of the array and operates at this point while regulating the output current to 100 Amps and battery Voltage to fully charge the battery. As any MPPT charge controller it takes care of converting the (higher) input Voltage from the solar panels down to the (lower) battery Voltage.
The PT-100 is simple to use and reliable, providing maximum flexibility in sizing your PV array and charging different battery types. It integrates with the rest of the Magnum equipment, and is set up & monitored through the ME-ARC controller.
- High 200 Volt DC input limit, for fewer strings and less current through the array wiring
- The PT-100 provides up to 99% conversion efficiency and uses less than four watts of power in nighttime mode
- An MPPT controller for maximum efficiency in converting solar power to battery charging
- Compatible with 12 Volt, 24 Volt, and 48 Volt battery banks
- Provides up to the full 100 Amp charge current to the batteries regardless of battery Voltage
- A single controller supports a large PV array up to 6,600W, larger arrays can be used with the PT-100 limiting current to 100 Amp
- Automatic battery temperature compensation using an included external temperature sensor
- 3-stage charging plus equalize for improved battery life
- GFI and AFCI integrated into the charge controller, UL and CSA listed for code-compliant installations
- LED indicators and LED screen shows basic information right on the controller
- Designed to work with the Magnum Panel (MP) and Magnum Mini Panel (MMP), easy integration