Morningstar SunGuard SG-4, a 12V, 4A, PWM charge controller
Morningstar SunGuard SG-4
Morningstar’s SunGuard™ is the world’s leading single module controller. We have combined all the advantages of our SunSaver charging circuit with less expensive packaging to provide an economical controller for small PV systems.
The SunGuard 12V controller offers most of the same features of the ProStar line, but without the battery status LED’s, automatic equalization or the optional LCD display. The SunGaurd is a PWM controller and can control up to 4.5 array Amps (can be paralleled for 40 Amps or more). The SunSaver’s advanced design delivers outstanding performance and value.
- Series design (not shunt)
- 100% solid state
- True 0 to 100% PWM duty cycle
- Setpoint accuracy to 60 mV
- Temperature compensation
- Rated for 25% overloads
- No need to derate
- Lightning protected with 1500 W transorbs
- Self-consumption is 6 mA
- Fully encapsulated in epoxy potting
- ABS plastic, impact-resistant case
- Outdoor rated, Hypalon connecting wires
- Warranty – five years
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.