The Sol-Ark 12K-2P-N is a 9kW All-In-One inverter that can be used in either an off-grid setting, or tied to the grid to provide back-up power, peak-shaving, or load-shedding. The Sol-Ark inverter spans the bridge between battery-less grid-tie inverters, and off-grid systems that can provide power when the grid goes down. The inverter can export excess solar PV to the grid, to make an effective net-metering system.
13,000 Watt of Solar PV can be connected to charge the batteries, and/or export to the grid. The Sol-Ark inverter has two independent MPPT inputs, each allowing a wide Voltage range of 125 – 500 Volt (150 – 425 Volt MPPT range). The high-Voltage inputs allow for long PV strings, making it simpler to install solar PV.
The unit has a build-in transfer switch that allows for switching from grid-tie to off-grid mode in 4ms, making the ideal Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS). This is fast enough to prevent computers from noticing or resetting.
Up to 8 Sol-Ark 12K-P inverters can be stacked as a 240V split-phase system (64kW total), using a single battery bank. For 3-phase 208V up to 9 Sol-Ark inverters can be stacked (making for a 72kW system).
It meets all the grid-tie regulations and requirements for a code-compliant installation: UL/CSA-listing for the USA and Canada, the solar PV input includes AFCI and GFCI, minimizing the need for additional equipment.
Also check out our Lux Power inverter for an economical alternative!
Please note that due to size and weight we have to ship these inverters truck-freight. This item therefore does not qualify for our free shipping policy.
- 48 Volt battery bank
- Can be installed outdoors
- Cell phone app for monitoring
- Remote monitoring via Internet
- Build-in 250A DC battery breaker
- 12 kW battery charger from solar PV
- 185 Amp battery charger from AC & solar PV
- Up to 500 Volt DC dual-MPPT for solar PV
- Rapid Shutdown integration using Tigo TS-4F units
- 63 Amp 240V split-phase (15kW) pass-through capable
- 9000 Watt continuous AC output, 16kW for 10 seconds
- Works with lithium-ion, AGM, GEL, and flooded batteries
- Integrated relay for automatic-generator-start (AGS) functionality
- UL & CSA-listed
- 10-year warranty