Battle Born BB10012 lithium-ion battery, 12V deep cycle, 100 Ah, group 31, 3000+ cycles, 3+2 years warranty
Battle Born BB10012
Just 1/3 the weight of lead-acid, zero maintenance, and thousands more cycles vs. lead-acid. Battle Born Batteries offer an economic alternative when space and weight matter, such as for boat trolling motors and RV applications.
Battle Born lithium-ion batteries are true deep-cycle batteries, they can repeatedly be discharged a full 100% without damage. The battery has a build-in battery management system (BMS). The BMS allows them to be charged with regular solar PV charge controllers, with the same settings as for any other sealed battery (such as AGM batteries). The BMS also takes care of protecting the batteries from over- and under-charge, low Voltage disconnect, over-current, and automatic balancing of the cells.
Charge settings for Battle Born batteries:
- Bulk/absorb = 14.2 – 14.6 Volt, with 14.4 Volt ideal
- Absorb time = none – as soon as the absorb Voltage is reached the battery is “full”
- Float = 13.6 Volt
- No equalize, or set to 14.4 Volt if it can’t be disabled
- No temperature compensation, set to 0
- Charge rate of 50 – 60A or less is preferred for longevity, though up to 100A is possible
- Battery has to be warmer than -4 Centigrade (25F), or the BMS will not allow charging, discharge works fine up to -20C (-4F)
The maximum discharge rate is 100 Amp continuous, 200 Amp for 30 seconds, and far more for 1/2 second.
Battle Born batteries can be connected in series and parallel to increase the bank Voltage and Ah rating. For example, two DF10012 batteries in series will make a 24 Volt / 100 Ah battery bank. Two in series and two in parallel will make for 24 Volt / 200 Ah etc. Any number of batteries can be connected in series/parallel. Parallel strings of batteries will increase the charge and discharge rates (i.e. 200A for two parallel strings etc.). Ask us if you have any questions about properly sizing a battery bank.
Battle Born batteries use LiFePO4 chemistry (Lithium-Iron-Phosphate). This is very stable and is not sensitive to spontaneous combustion, in comparison to laptop and cell-phone lithium-ion batteries (which use Lithium-Cobalt-Phosphate chemistry). The cells have build-in protection for over-pressure, over-temperature, contain a fire-retardant in the electrolyte and casing, and have a stainless steel jacket. These are very safe batteries!
Because lithium-ion batteries can be discharged to 100% DOD, and this can be done for more cycles, a smaller battery bank can suffice vs. lead-acid. Since there is no off-gassing these batteries can be mounted indoors.
- Zero maintenance!
- Long lifespan, true deep-cycle: 3000 cycles at 100% DOD, more if discharged less
- 12 Volt, 100 Amp hour @ 20 hr discharge rate
- Dimensions very close to group 31 battery size
- Compatible with standard charge controllers
- Active cell management through included battery management system (BMS)
- Can be mounted in any orientation, zero off-gassing, no dangerous acid
- Only 1/3 weight of lead-acid & small footprint!
- Very low self-discharge rate, holds charge up to 1 year
- No memory effect
- 3 years full warranty, plus 2 years pro-rated, total 5 years warranty