Kinetic ground mount for 60- and 72-cell modules, 25 to 40 degree angle (specify angle at order), KGM-M, includes all pipe & hardware except footing materials
Kinetic Solar KGM-M
$1,189.50 – $6,353.10
Kinetic Solar’s Ground Mount brags durability, reliability, easy assembly, and excellent aesthetics. These ground mounts can be ordered with an angle between 25- and 40-degrees tilt (specify at time of order). Panels are mounted in landscape, with sections of the racking being 4 panels high. Landscape mounting offers the advantage that in winter when the bottom of the panels often has snow clinging to them, only 1/3 of energy production is lost because the bottom section gets bypassed by the diodes in the panel’s junction box. Panels mounted in portrait orientation will not produce any energy when their bottom section is covered in snow.
The regular system is made for 25- through 40-degree tilt-angle. We can also special-order these with 45-degree tilt-angle for a small surcharge, which is ideal for off-grid systems at our latitude: At 45 degrees the panels shed snow quite well, and the angle works great for both winter and summer energy yield.
Versions of these ground mounts are available for 60-cell panels as well as 72-cell panels. Please be sure to specify the correct version, as the 72-cell is larger and somewhat more expensive.
For mounting on ballasts there are special feet available (at an additional charge). Please see the KGMBM-M description and order these with the unit.
An inverter mounting backplate is also available as an optional accessory for this ground mount. Please see the KGMBP for this.
These ground mounts drop-ship directly from Kinetic Solar in Toronto. Shipping cost is not included in the price. So even for pickup from our Kemptville warehouse there will be a shipping fee.
- Easy to install
- Available for 60- and 72-cell modules
- Available for any number of panels, in 4-panel increments
- Several footing and foundation options available
- Our manufacturer info page
- Manufacturer Web site
- Kinetic KGM installation manual (pdf)
- Old Version: Kinetic KGM installation manual (pdf – still good to look at for the many pictures included)
- KGM ground mount base plate drawing (pdf)
- 20-panel KGM mount 72-cell 45-degree tilt drawing (pdf)
- 12-panel KGM mount drawing (pdf)
- 12-panel KGM mount high-wind version (pdf)
- Sonotube footing drawing for KGM mount (pdf)