Morningstar RTS, a remote temperature sensor with a 10 meter (33 foot) cable
The RTS is a remote temperature sensor that is recommended whenever the temperature of the battery varies more than 5°C (9°F) during the year.
The RTS is compatible with:
- SunSaver MPPT™
- TriStar MPPT™
- SunSaver Duo™
- ProStar™ whenever the temperature at the battery will be more than 5°C (9°F) different than the temperature at the controller.
- TriStar™ for battery charging or diversion control modes (not for load control mode).
For maximum protection from harsh environments, the sensor is encapsulated in epoxy inside a power lug housing. The RTS is also protected from lightning surges and short circuits.
- A cable length of 10 meters (33 feet)
- Accurate to +/–1.5°C (2.7°F)
- Extendable cable length
- Wide temperature correction range –30°C (-22°F) to +80°C (+176°F)
- Wires are non-polarized
- Sensor noise is filtered
- Warranty – five years